Thursday 3 January 2019

Thursday Ramblings.

It is 35 years today that my ex husband and father of my two daughters, was killed in a horrific accident at London Brick.  I often think of him and feel sad that he died so young. He didn't treat me well at times, but I don't regret meeting him, as he gave me my precious daughters.  I cannot imagine my life without them.

He was a tall man, like my lovely Paul -  good looking, with gorgeous thick, wavy blonde hair and blue eyes, plus,  dare I say, other very attractive attributes in a man! 

He went to work that fateful morning, in the new year of 1984 and never returned to his home.  I had the unenviable task of telling my daughters.  It's strange how a life can be snuffed out so suddenly, without warning. No time to say goodbye to anyone.

None of us know what the future holds  - just as well I suppose.  I don't expect Paul thought he was going to die, in a couple of weeks, after having that first heart attack.

I miss him so much. He was a good man and I don't think I will find anyone like him, to spend the rest of my life with, but  then who knows what  future is mapped out for me?  I'm just glad I have my family and friends to be there for me at the moment.

Sleep well Mick and Paul. I wonder if they are chatting together somewhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment