Saturday 23 June 2018

Sentimental Summers.

Dedicated to my Dad.



How I loved the Summer
Jewel-like flowers and lush green trees.
A walk along the countryside
As I ambled at my ease.
Butterflies -  a- darting
From a myriad of flowers.
How I loved to watch them all,
as I whiled away the hours.


Ripe strawberries with a tin of cream
Fresh apples, pears and plums
Delicious crumbles to be made.
All would satisfy our tums!


My favourite place is in the garden,
at this special time of year
It reminds me of my father,
whose memory I hold dear


He grew so many vegetables
and lovely flowers by the score.
His dahlias and roses
are the plants I still adore.


With affection I remember,
Our rose garden at the side.
It's probably a driveway now,
Where once was Father's pride.


Then, summers seemed so magical
Playing out in meadows green.
Now houses stand in rows
And our childhood -  just a dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment