Friday 29 June 2018

Reflections in the Night Garden.


A poem in progress.

I love the serenity of the dark, sensual night

An indigo sky - a full moon so bright

A myriad of stars twinkling up above,

Reminds me of the past and the angst of lost love.

One special love - I thought we'd never be parted - 

My world shattered in pieces
and left me broken hearted.

But time heals pain, a cliche, I know.

As the years roll on, you have to let it go.

Summer nights, in the garden, I reflect on it all.

Wondering why, it was so easy to fall.

But so obvious looking back,
with an amber moon above.

The night time allure
was ideal for young love.

Now I just admire the beauty of the night time display.

Happy to be here still,
I've come a long way.

Intoxicating scents from flowers all around.

Brushing past me in the darkness, moths barely make a sound.

The gentle colour changes, from a pretty solar light.

Fascinate them so, on their late evening flight.

In the dark trees above
I hear the rustling of the leaves.

It fires imagination, of the stories I might weave.

Such as witches on their broomsticks
With black cats by their side.

In the coolest, blackest sky
Their favoured territory -  they ride.

The night time garden never ceases to amaze.

A whole new world appears,
So very different from the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment