Monday 6 April 2015

TV Critic.



I'm a bit of an aggressive, amateur TV critic, as I do tend to watch it pretty frequently.

I wondered if any of you have been watching the series on BBC 2 "Back in time for Dinner?"

Last week it was about the 70s and the family seemed to be living on Cadbury's Smash and a load of processed foods much of the time.

I had a young family in those days and I can't remember us ever having Cadbury's Smash to replace real spuds, plus we never had a fondue set either and I didn't know anyone who did. Mind you I did work nights at the time, so was probably walking round in a fog of exhaustion for most of that decade! 

However I do remember the Vesta curries which tasted far better then than they do now with much bigger portions too.

My point is, that I think the programmers have stereotyped the decades somewhat. We didn't all have gaudy orange wallpaper with clashing patterned carpets. Still I expect they have to portray a general picture of what life was like in those days.

I do remember Mr Benn on children's TV with Ray Brooks narrating. I could listen to his melodic, soothing tones all day!

Fond memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment