Sunday 26 April 2015

Sunday Ramblings.




It doesn't seem possible that it's almost May and practically half way through the year. Time seems to pass very quickly as one gets older, no idea why this is, though I suppose it could be down to the faster pace of everyday living.


I've been watching the London Marathon this am and pleased to see Paula Radcliffe finishing well. Her little girl was quite tearful and no doubt very proud of her famous mum.

I'm proud of Paula too, especially as she comes from Bedford, as do one or two other talented athletes and famous people such as the late, great Ronnie Barker, John Le Mesurier and Trevor Huddlestone, not forgetting John Bunyan of course.

I must say I've never read Bunyan's "The Pilgrim's Progress"  as I'm not at all religious.  I do have a Holy Bible though, which my paternal Grannie gave me in 1957 and treasure it, but only because it was a present from her.

I don't believe you have to believe in any God to be a decent person, but everyone is entitled to have their faith and I would always defend that right, but not the evil that comes from extremist fanaticism in any religion, which encourages intolerance and death to non believers or people of different faiths..

I'd better get of my soapbox now....

Have a good day all.






  

No comments:

Post a Comment