Monday 29 July 2019

Monday Ramblings

The weekend was wonderful with the wedding on Saturday of my youngest daughter Karen to Tom.  St Peter de Merton is a lovely church and the service was perfect, with loads of us attending, including Tom's Scottish relatives, with a couple of lovely men in kilts!

I do love to see a man in a kilt, so if there are any nice single Scotsmen, around my age out there, I'm available!

The bride and groom looked wonderful. Karen's long wedding dress was beautiful and she looked a picture in it. Tom looked very smart in his navy suit, as did best man Stuart, plus Tom's son James and my grandson Ryan, all in matching navy suits, who proudly walked his mum down the aisle and gave her away.

Luckily the rain held off long enough for the photos outside the church,  taken by my lovely eldest daughter Anna and though she is stiĺl editing them, what I've seen so far are great. I took a few snaps too, as did many of the guests.

The reception was lovely, with plenty to eat, buffet style and of course, the all important wedding cake, a 2 tier lemon and blueberry sponge, topped with champagne satin icing - really delicious. Seventh Heaven in Bedford Arcade did a great job. I would definitely recommend them.

I was lucky enough, plus it was the highlight of my day to meet the lovely young singer Tom Grennan, who was kind enough to have a selfie snap with me. I love his music, so it was a treat to meet him in the flesh. He was born in Bedford and best friends withTom's son James. Ryan knows him too.

The DJ was good, with a nice selection of 60's upwards music, plus some Scottish ones too, reflecting the groom's Scottish roots. I love "Flower of Scotland" so it was lovely to hear them all proudly joining in, me too, though I didn't know all the words!

I wish them both all the happiness in the world. It was a really beautiful day that I'll remember for ever. ❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment