Friday 15 March 2019

Saturday

Yesterday was a good day. I enjoyed my "walk" at the Higgins, although the only walking we did was around the museum, as apparently there has to be 2 volunteers present, presumably for health and safely reasons  which is fair enough. The weather was pretty awful too, so we would have got quite wet and wind blown!

I have to admit I have never looked around the museum in all the years I have lived in Bedford, but I found it so interesting.  The time went very quickly and we will explore the rest of it on the next inclement day. The sun did eventually come out and a few of us walked to the Bunyan Meeting for a coffee and chatted on various topics -  music being one of them - really enjoyed that.

The Bunyan Meeting is a beautiful church. Although I'm not religious, churches do exude a feeling of peace and tranquility.  I love that and all the history and beautiful architecture of these wonderful buildings. The coffee was excellent too.  My sis would love it in there, though it is quite a distance to walk from the bus station  if you are not so able-bodied.

Looking forward to my next walk in a couple of weeks.  Let's hope the sun will shine on us.

Another wet and windy forecast today, by the look of that huge conifer ominously swaying in my neighbour's garden..

No comments:

Post a Comment