Wednesday 4 April 2018

CAR BOOT FEVER



I used to go to a few car boot sales but not lately.  Here's a little poem on the subject.




Car Boot Fever





Other people's rubbish
is someone's treasure
so they say.
You may find it at the
car boot on a bright
and sunny day.

Grotty cassettes, tatty
records,compact discs
and pirate tapes.
Dubious scents in pretty
bottles.
Are they genuine or fakes?

Grimy old electrics, greasy,
working sandwich toasters.
Unwanted foot spas, water
filters and former free-gift
plated coasters.

I've never found an item
that's worth more than
I've paid.
But I've seen them on that
'road show', where a fortune
has been made.

So I'll continue on my quest,
to find that hidden treasure.
Meanwhile I'll do a car boot
one fine Sunday at my leisure!

No comments:

Post a Comment