Sunday 5 March 2017

Sunday Ramblings.

The birds, especially the rooks in my garden, had a gourmet meal this lunchtime, when I accidentally dropped a tin of opened salmon in my sink,  which we didn't fancy consuming, so threw it in the back garden.

"What a plonker! " as Del as Boy would have said.

The rooks swooped to devour it within seconds. Rich pickings round here, so no doubt the word is getting round on
the local rook/jackdaw grapevine!

We always have loads of them nesting in the trees opposite our bungalow and though they make a racket with their cawing, I've become rather fond of them, as they are such ingenious birds and don't miss a trick.

By the summer they're gone, so it's relatively peaceful again, but then it's the turn of the equally noisy midwife toads that become active from June. They make a noise en masse every evening that sounds like an electronic  bleep. We have to keep bedroom windows closed till they desist, usually around midnight.

My neighbours have a couple of small ponds, so I expect that's where they are breeding. Thankfully, all is silent again by September.

Luckily I had a spare tin of salmon, that I drained more carefully this time..

No comments:

Post a Comment