Friday 17 March 2017

Just say NO to Chocolate and other sweet things!

I had to see a nurse at my GP surgery yesterday, who informed me I have type 2 diabetes. To be honest I was expecting this news, not because I'd had any of the usual symptoms eg. being really thirsty or peeing more often.

My last blood test showed raised glucose levels even after fasting. Diabetes runs in both sides of my family so it's not surprising I may succumb.

She gave me a diet sheet which had items that I can eat freely, plus others that are not so good - and the last group which are not recommended and might well shorten my life if I should overindulge in such pleasurable  delights.

Needless to say most of my favourite grub is in the last group.

Still, there is a positive - I may lose some weight feasting on lettuce!

No comments:

Post a Comment