Saturday 26 July 2014

HOLIDAY BY THE SEA. by Ann Wilson





HOLIDAY BY THE SEA


I do love a holiday by the sea,
for me it's the only place to be.
When I was young, it was buckets and spades.
As I grew up, bikini, suntan and shades.

Off to the beach, we all would meander,
Hoping to find some beautiful amber,
But all we found was shells and stones
Lots of seaweed and old fish bones.

Then I married and my family grew,
We'd go on a day trip to the zoo.
But my favourite place just had to be.
In a caravan at Hemsby, by the sea.

Those days were happy, my kids were small.
It seemed we had no worries at all.
Trips on the broads, a windmill to climb
Simple pleasures to pass the time.

Now when I look back on those happy days
Life was so simple in many ways.
A little money went a long way.
and a knickerbocker glory made our day!

No comments:

Post a Comment