Saturday 28 June 2014

MY FATHER a poem by Ann Wilson




My father, he was strict, like many fathers of his day,
I didn't always agree, with the things he had to say.
Though when I was much older, his words seemed very true.
And I tried to be the person that I know he'd want me to.

He taught me to be honest, never steal and not to lie.
Sometimes I rebelled and I know it made him cry.
Then when I was married and had a family of my own
He never lived to see my children grow and I felt so alone.

I will always miss him and wish we'd spoken a little more
But I know he'll always be the dad, I admire and still adore.
For he's right here in my heart, with my dearest mother too.
And I feel their presence guiding me in everything I do.


R.I.P Geoffrey T.G. Wilson 1913 - 1972



No comments:

Post a Comment