Monday 26 May 2014

SOGGY DAY BLUES. a poem of sorts by Ann Wilson


Another miserable, soggy day.
Typical Bank Holiday I have to say.
I've done more washing, now in the dryer,
Can't hang on line for me to admire!

I've tidied drawers and had a sort,
of unwanted clothes, that I once bought.
Some do not suit me, or don't fit.
Why did I buy them? Holy S..t!

To the charity shop, all must go,
Won't sell on eBay, that I know.
Too much hassle, postage dear.
Plus competition, with other gear.

No sun today, can't sit outdoors.
Time to do some household chores.
Brush the floor and hoover the dog,
Do some ironing, clean the bog.

Time to sit and have some tea
A slice of homemade cake, Yippee!
Watch some telly, look online.
Till 5pm, then time to dine.

Washing up is such a chore
But I've got Paul, that's what HE'S for!
Then more TV and a soap to view,
Same, old, same old, nothing new.

Then it's time to go to bed
Rest my weary aching head
Ate too much, tummy funny.
Let's hope tomorrow will be sunny. 






 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment