Tuesday 10 December 2013

Tuesday Christmas Ramblings

1 35pm

Well, it's only 14 days to Christmas as the new app on my phone is telling me, in between showing a glimmering golden Christmas tree with a shining star on top, very pretty, even though it's probably sucking all life from the battery!  Paul, my partner has just retrieved our ancient tree from the barn so we'll probably be putting it up and decorating it later - much later!

  Hope the equally ancient fairy lights still work.

I'd better get cracking as haven't done any Christmas shopping yet save a couple of presents. I did buy some mince pies, but we've scoffed them already, long gone are the days when I made them, though I have been baking fruit cakes just lately, much inspired by my lovely new cooker with fan oven. My old one took an age to heat up.  The only trouble with homemade cakes is that they are so much nicer than anything bought so it's very tempting to pig out, not that I need an excuse.  Have put the 5;2 diet on hold till after Christmas as I know I can't keep to it over the festive season.


HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!


Ann 


No comments:

Post a Comment